Privacy and Personal Data Protection
Since 25.5.2018 the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679, also known as GDPR, is being implemented, which strengthens the framework for the protection of data subjects with regard to the processing of personal data in the European Union. Space Hellas with respect to personal data, complies with the GDPR in the context of its activity and scope and takes the respective technical and organizational measures for the effective protection of personal data, in accordance with the GDPR.
Processor – Contact Details
Space Hellas is considered as processor with the following contact details:
Messogion Ave. 312, 15341 Agia Paraskevi
What personal data is Space Hellas processing and how?
The personal data collected and processed by Space Hellas are limited to those necessary for the specific and clearly defined purpose and the specific legal basis, for each circumstance.
In this context, the processing that takes place concerns the personal data you provide to Space Hellas when you visit our official web sites, when using our services or interact with us, for example by sending a contact form.
Such personal data is:
Identification data (Full Name, Identity or Passport Number etc.)
Communication data (postal address, phones numbers, e-mail address, etc.)
Curriculum Vitae (CV)
Data captured by CCTV system (video, images)
In the event that processing is based on consent, Space Hellas follows all the relevant procedures provided by the GDPR.
Purpose and Lawfulness of processing
Personal information is collected in accordance with the GDPR and the applicable legislation, either at the beginning of your relationship with Space Hellas or later, and are processed on a legal basis:
consent to the processing of your personal data for one or more specific purposes
for the performance of a contract
for compliance with our legal obligations
in order to protect your or another natural person’s vital interests
for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest
for the purposes of our legitimate interests
Space Hellas might process your personal data for the following purposes by legal basis:
1. Consent to the processing of your personal data for one or more specific purposes:
To identify and communicate with you
2. For the performance of a contract:
For communication during pre-contract or contract performance
3. For compliance with our legal obligations
- To fulfill our obligations, imposed by current legislation, on our customers, our staff and our external collaborators.
- To fulfill our obligations under applicable law on disclosure to Public Authorities.
4. For the purposes of our legitimate interests, such as:
- To develop and improve our services through your activities and interests.
- Complaints management
- For the protection and security of our IT systems
- For the protection and safety of our facilities
- To manage risks from breaching the obligations arising from sponsorship contracts.
Who are the recipients of my personal data?
The staff of Space Hellas has access to your personal data, in the course of performing the duties assigned to them by the company as a controller.
Space Hellas may be required or entitled to disclose your personal data to a number of third parties such as:
- Public authorities
- Independent authorities
provided that privacy and confidentiality is always respected. Space Hellas does not share information with other third parties unless it has obtained your consent.
How long is my data retained?
Space Hellas retains your personal data for a period defined by the applicable legal and regulatory framework.
What are cookies and why are they collected by Space Hellas?
In order to make sure our site is working properly, we may sometimes put a small piece of data known as cookie on your computer or mobile device. A cookie is a text file that is stored by a web server on a computer or a mobile device. The content of a cookie can only be retrieved or read by the cookie server. Text in a cookie often consists of identifiers, site names and some numbers and characters. Cookies are unique to browsers or mobile apps you use, and allow sites to store data, such as your preferences.
How is my data protected?
At Space Hellas we work daily to ensure that the personal data we receive:
- Are processed in a legal, fair and transparent manner
- Are collected solely for specific and legitimate purposes
- Are adequate, they are related to the purpose for which we collect them and are limited to what is necessary
- Are accurate and up-to-date
- Are maintained exclusively within the specified timeframe and no longer
- Are processed in a way as to ensure the necessary security of personal data
My rights as a data subject
- You may at any time be informed by us of and access to your personal data we hold.
- You have the right to contact us to correct the data that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- You can ask us to forward your data to another authority.
The right to oppose and limit processing
- In case you disagree with the way we process your personal data, you can request the interruption or limitation of the processing
The right to withdraw consent
- You have the right to withdraw your consent to process your data at any time.
Space Hellas will make every effort to respond to your request without delay and in any case within one month of receiving it. This period is extended for a further two (2) months if it is necessary taking into account the complexity of the request and the number of requests. Space Hellas will inform you of this extension within one month of receipt of the request and of the reasons for the delay. If you have submitted the request by electronic means, the update is provided, if possible, by electronic means, unless you request otherwise.
In case Space Hellas satisfies your request (a) to limit the processing of your data; or (b) to terminate the processing of your data; or (c) to delete your data from the company’s records and if they are necessary for the preparation or continuation and performance of a contract, then either the termination by you of the relevant agreement or the inability to process your request is automatically implied.
Space Hellas is in any case entitled to refuse the satisfaction of your request to restrict the processing or deletion of your personal data if such processing is necessary for the foundation, exercise or support of its legitimate rights or the fulfillment of its obligations.
The above services are provided free of charge. However, if your claims are manifestly unfounded, excessive or recurrent, Space Hellas may either impose a reasonable end, inform you or refuse to respond to them.
To exercise your rights click here.
You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. The withdrawal of your consent does not affect the legitimacy of the processing that was previously based on it and was made prior to its revocation.
Questions about Data Protection
If you have any questions about protecting your data, you can emailor write to the postal address: Messogion Ave. 312, 15341 Agia Paraskevi, and we will respond to you as soon as possible and not later than one month.
Personal Data Protection Authority
You have the right to file a complaint to the Personal Data Protection Authority (www.dpa.gr) which is the competent supervisory authority for the protection of the fundamental rights and freedoms of natural persons with regard to the processing of their personal data if you believe that your rights are being infringed in any way.
We encourage you to read our Personal Data Protection Policy.