In the frame of DT Group “Cloud TV” project deployment, COSMOTE TV selected the option to implement the necessary infrastructure enabling “on Prem” hosting of the primary services (encoding, transcoding & content delivery).
The overall scope under procurement can be summarized as follows:
- Private CDN Software/Licenses
- Work Packages of Professional Services
- SLA for the above products
- Training Services
- This is a Three-Year Frame Agreement
- Space Hellas offered Synamedia Open Media Distribution (OMD), an open and flexible CDN platform that delivers the multiscreen Internet video quality that consumers expect and you can easily adopt.
- This solution implements cloud architecture and agile software development methodology and uses high quality open-source software.
- The proposed Synamedia OMD transforms how you can design, deploy, and operate CDNs for delivering multiscreen video to IP enabled devices in the home or on the road.
- The proposed solution simplifies CDN setup, operations, and monitoring. It reduces time-to-deployment while enabling cost- effective scaling for live and on-demand video services.
- Unlike traditional CDN, the proposed Synamedia OMD combines proven components to deliver CDN feature velocity. It simplifies operations and accelerates implementation with cloud-based deployment models and software-as-a-service management and operations.