MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS
Brief Presentation of the Project
In July 2002, Space Hellas working together with other companies and within the context of a larger project, was entrusted with the development of the necessary voice and data infrastructure for the"Megaro Arvaniti "new building where the Ministry of Foreign Affairs intends to relocate a number of its services. The said premises are located at 11, Vassilissis Sofias Avenue . Moreover, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs wishes the interface between the local networks of its two buildings at 10/100 Mbps (Ethernet / Fast Ethernet) speeds.
The specific nature of the Ministry of the Environment (MoFA) and its officials makes compulsory the implementation of some special requirements mainly pertaining to the effective and secure management of the operations information. As a result, 3 independent - networks which do not communicate with each will be developed :
- A security network serving the MoFA internal applications.
- A security network allowing access to the Ministry's Intranet and to the Internet via another building
- A telephone network
The solution implemented by Space Hellas comprises:
- The set up of a local network of switched Fast Ethernet type based on a Gigabit Ethernet trunk technology network (the network's equipment is fully compliant to the existing equipment owned by the Ministry, involving Cisco technology).
- Development of a Structured Cabling System meeting all the needs of the voice and data networks for 250 users.
- With reference to the problem of LAN interface between the two Ministerial buildings, the wireless fiber optics technology solution (LASER) has been chosen.
- The desired level of security regarding the wireless connection of the two buildings has been achieved through the use of encrypting devices.
- The new Telephone Centre of "Megaro Arvaniti "will work together with the central Telephone Centre located at 1, Akadimias str ( the telephone centre of the new building will be fully compatible with the Central telephone network of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, of Ericsson MD 110).